Repair Your Damaged Teeth With Restorative Dentistry in Decatur
Age, disease, diet, and accidents are just a few of the things that can damage your teeth and keep you from smiling. No matter what caused your dental damage, Decatur, AL dentist Dr. Charles Betts uses restorative dentistry to fix it. He can:Restorative Dentistry by Dr. Charles F. Betts Read Transcript
Restorative dentistry encompasses many different things. For some, it might be as simple as a filling in a tooth. Restoring in dentistry can mean replacing teeth. There are many options for restoring teeth and the advantage of restoring teeth is that you have full function. You have a beautiful smile. It supports the face. It can make you look younger and give you more confidence.
- Replace missing teeth
- Fix damaged teeth and protect them from additional damage
- Relieve your pain
- Give you a younger-looking smile
- Make it possible for you to enjoy your food again
Because restorative dentistry procedures can take longer than some other dental treatments, our caring staff can offer you a pillow and blanket to keep you comfortable in our chair. And if you’re nervous, inhaled sedation will relax you.
To schedule a consultation with Dr. Betts, call 256-274-8680.
From Fillings to Crowns, Get Your Smile in Shape
Whether you have a cavity, an infected tooth, a broken tooth, or a missing tooth, Dr. Betts can restore your smile’s appearance and function. Our restorative dentistry services include:
Dr. Charles Betts on his office philosophy Read Transcript
Tooth colored fillings are one of the advantages of modern dentistry. Years ago when you went to the dentist, you got silver fillings. Now you get tooth-colored fillings that are made to match your teeth. They seal the teeth. There's less sensitivity. They give you a prettier smile when you open your mouth. You don't have a mouth full of silver. You just have a mouth full of teeth.
- Tooth fillings. Some dentists use only one kind of filling. But Dr. Betts uses both amalgam (metal) fillings and tooth-colored composite fillings so he can recommend the filling that will work best in your situation.
- Dental veneers. A custom-made porcelain or zirconia veneer can mend chips or minor cracks. Veneers can also cover worn-down teeth.
- Root canals. An infection in the soft center of your tooth is painful and can lead to the loss of the tooth. A root canal saves your tooth and gets you out of pain. And with digital X-rays, we can complete the procedure faster and with greater precision.
- Dental crowns. Broken teeth, cracked teeth, and severely decayed teeth can all be repaired with a dental crown.
- Dental bridges. You can replace a single tooth or several missing teeth with a dental bridge. Unlike dentures, a fixed bridge doesn’t need to be removed for cleaning.
- Dental implants. Dr. Betts can restore dental implants with a dental crown, a fixed dental bridge, or dentures. Because implants stimulate your jaw much like natural tooth roots, your bone will remain strong.
To make an appointment for restorative dentistry services at our Decatur, AL dentist office, call 256-274-8680 or use our convenient online form.