Age, disease, diet, and accidents are just a few things that can damage your teeth and keep you from smiling. No matter what caused your dental damage, Dr. Charles Betts can use Decatur restorative dentistry to fix it. He can:Doctor Charles Betts on an overview of restorative options available Read Transcript
Broken-down or missing teeth can be repaired or replaced in various ways. The broken-down thing definitely depends on how much is missing and how bad the damage is. Some teeth can be restored with a large filling. Some can be restored with a crown. Some need a root canal and a core build-up and a crown. I don't want to get too technical about things, but these are just some of the variations that we see.
Missing teeth, you're looking at either a removable partial or a complete denture or a fixed bridge or single implants or implant-supported crowns or bridges. No matter the degree of broken-down or missing teeth, there is some restoration that we can do to restore.
- Replace missing teeth
- Fix damaged teeth and protect them from additional damage
- Relieve your pain
- Give you a younger-looking smile
- Make it possible for you to enjoy your food again
Because some restorative dentistry procedures can take longer than other dental treatments, our caring staff can offer you a pillow and blanket to keep you comfortable in our chair. If you’re nervous, laughing gas will relax you. Plus, you can be assured that we will always treat you with respect and listen to all your concerns and questions.
To schedule a consultation with Dr. Betts, call 256-274-8680. We’re open for early morning and late afternoon appointments.
Get Your Smile in Shape With Fillings, Crowns, & More
Whether you have a cavity, an infected tooth, a broken tooth, or a missing tooth, Dr. Betts can restore your smile’s appearance and function. Our restorative dentistry services include:Restorative Dentistry by Dr. Charles F. Betts Read Transcript
Restorative dentistry encompasses many different things. For some, it might be as simple as a filling in a tooth. Restoring in dentistry can mean replacing teeth. There are many options for restoring teeth and the advantage of restoring teeth is that you have full function. You have a beautiful smile. It supports the face. It can make you look younger and give you more confidence.
- Tooth Fillings – Some dentists use only one kind of filling. Dr. Betts uses both amalgam (metal) fillings and tooth-colored composite fillings so he can recommend the filling that will work best in your situation.
- Dental Veneers – A custom-made porcelain or zirconia veneer can mend chips or minor cracks. Veneers can also cover worn-down teeth.
- Root Canals – An infection in the soft center of your tooth is painful and can lead to the loss of the tooth. A root canal saves your tooth and gets you out of pain. With digital X-rays, we can complete the procedure faster and with greater precision.
- Dental Crowns – Broken teeth, cracked teeth, and severely decayed teeth can all be repaired with dental crowns.
- Dental Bridges – You can replace a single tooth or several missing teeth with a dental bridge. Unlike dentures, a fixed bridge doesn’t need to be removed for cleaning.
- Dental Implants – Dr. Betts can restore dental implants with a dental crown, a fixed dental bridge, or dentures. Because implants stimulate your jaw much like natural tooth roots, your bone will remain strong.