Helping you and your family maintain bright, healthy smiles is one of our top priorities here at Charles F. Betts, Jr., D.M.D. Family Dentistry. By providing a number of high-quality dental services, Dr. Betts has kept his patients smiling for three decades now. Our Decatur preventive dentistry can help you:Prevent Dental Procedures Read Transcript
My passion is for oral health and general health of our patients, which is why we're very concerned with systemic issues like periodontal disease and how that relates to systemic illness. We do bacterial DNA testing so that we can more accurately address whatever infection level is in our patients. Our patients know that we are concerned about them as a whole person, not just a set of teeth. That's my passion is to be an oral health, general health, comprehensive health oriented kind of practice.
Preventative care is very important for patients because it's important what they do at home and there are people who do feel like, Okay, I had my teeth cleaned, I'm good. That's not the case. Continuing care is what keeps the oral cavity healthy and therefore keeps the body healthy. What you do at home is as if not more important than what we do here. We educate, we treat, but you're continuing treatment at home is what will keep your mouth and your body healthy. The most rewarding thing for me in our Preventative care program is to be able to take an individual from a situation of disease to a situation of health and to see that change is wonderful. I've had people say, I didn't know how bad I felt until I got my mouth healthy. Now when people tell you that you know you're doing something significant for someone's life.
Dr. Betts And his team have done a very good job of explaining to me preventative treatments. I've had a couple of cavities and procedures the last couple of years and his team has explained to me what I could do to prevent those in the future.
Every new product that comes out, they always offer it to me. They don't pressure me, but they always make me know that it's something good that's come out from me to do. He always explains and lets me know why it could be beneficial to me.
They really stress the preventive care, just the big three of brushing, the flossing, and the mouthwash and they say that's the most important thing. If it gets to be retained and you just won't forget to do it. It really has done well. I'm just pleased as can be with the care and an interest that they take in how everything is going.
I've been practicing in Decatur for approximately 30 years. Over that period, we've grown. We've built and move into this building and tried to continue to improve our services as we go along. All the while improving patient relations because our relationships with our patients is very important to us and we think it's very important to our patients. Our patients know who they're going to see when they come here. They like to see familiar faces. They feel like it's their dental home.
- Catch and treat small oral problems before they worsen
- Get your kids started on the road to good oral hygiene habits
- Avoid the need for extensive and costly dental work
- Enjoy peace of mind about your oral health
- Avoid painful dental emergencies
Start enjoying a healthier smile soon! Call us today at 256-274-8680 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Betts. You can schedule both early morning and late afternoon appointments for your convenience. If you don’t have insurance, you can save on preventive care with our Dental Savings Plan.
Take Advantage of a Variety of Preventive Dental Services
Dr. Betts and our team want to do all we can to help you and your loved ones enjoy good oral health and confidence in your smiles. We have several preventive dentistry services that can help you do that, including:
- Routine Dental Cleanings and Exams – We’ll give your mouth a thorough checkover, including an oral cancer screening and an inspection for cavities with the Spectra cavity detection system. Then we’ll clean and polish each of your teeth to give your smile a healthy glow.
- Saliva Testing – We’ll take a sample of saliva and examine the bacteria to check for early signs of problems, including periodontal (gum) disease, heart disease, and diabetes.
- Fluoride Treatments and Dental Sealants – Fluoride applied directly to your teeth will help strengthen them and prevent cavities, while sealants form a protective barrier against disease-causing bacteria.
- Hands-On Learning Lab – Kids love these! They’ll get to wear white lab coats while we teach them the basics of good oral hygiene. We’ll even show them some of the tools we use to keep smiles in great shape, like our cavity detectors and other high-tech equipment.
Keep your smile healthy and looking great with preventive dentistry in Decatur. Call our team today at 256-274-8680 to schedule an appointment. You’ll find our office at 2012 Danville Park Drive SW in Decatur. We also serve the nearby communities of Trinity, Priceville, Hillsboro, Somerville, and Courtland.