Dentures: Your Smile Solution
Dating all the way back to Ancient Egypt, dentures are one of the oldest methods of replacing teeth. They are still one of the most popular, though, thanks to their advantages such as:Read Transcript
An example of how dentures can remake one's smile: I had a patient who came from another town, was afraid to open her mouth in front of anyone else lest they see the condition of her teeth. We were able to construct dentures for her and restore her smile to something that she could be confident about. When she came to our office on her last visit, she was dressed nicely, smiling big, make-up done, hair done: A remade person.
- Versatility. They can replace anywhere from a few missing teeth to an entire mouthful of missing teeth. They can also be used with dental implants for added stability.
- Appearance. They’ll give you back your smile and help you look younger.
- Functionality. You’ll be able to eat again.
- Low impact. They are less invasive than dental implants.
- Affordability. They cost less than some other tooth replacement options.
Decatur, AL dentist Dr. Charles Betts can even provide a set of immediate dentures for you that you can receive and wear the same day your teeth are extracted. So you’ll never need to be without replacement teeth!
To find out what your best dentures option is, call Charles F. Betts, Jr., D.M.D. Family Dentistry at 256-274-8680.
Dental Implant Dentures Provide Reliability
One of the newest options for replacement teeth is attaching them to dental implants. This provides several benefits that are unavailable with traditional dentures. For instance, because implants are embedded in your jaw, they stimulate the bone much like your own tooth roots do. This means your bone will stay stronger and fuller, so you’ll be less likely to experience the “sunken-in” look that can make you appear older.
- They’ll stay put. You won’t experience embarrassing slippage, and you won’t need adhesives to keep your dental implant dentures in place.
- They’ll feel and function more like your own teeth. You’ll enjoy bite strength similar to what you had before you lost your teeth.
- They’re easy care. Depending on the type of replacement teeth you choose, you won’t need to remove them for cleaning. You can just brush and floss as usual.
Dr. Betts works closely with a local surgeon who places dental implants. Once you get your implants and your mouth has healed, you’ll come to Dr. Betts for your replacement teeth.
Get Immediate Dentures
Dr. Betts can also fit you for traditional dentures, either full or partial. If you never want to be without teeth, he can provide immediate dentures for you to wear right after your teeth are extracted. While you’ll still need to get a final set of replacement teeth, you’ll be able to enjoy normal oral function and a nice-looking smile while you heal.
Dr. Betts can also handle your tooth extraction for you. He’ll use local anesthesia to keep you comfortable, and you can also get inhaled sedation to stay relaxed throughout the procedure.
To find out more about dentures and other tooth replacement options, call 256-274-8680. Located in Decatur, AL, our office also serves nearby communities like Trinity, Priceville, Hillsboro, Somerville, and Courtland.