More than 3 million people have teeth implants with the number growing by 500,000 a year, according to the American Academy of Implant Dentistry. Their popularity isn’t surprising, since they offer advantages over traditional tooth replacements like dental bridges and dentures.Doctor Charles Betts on dental implants Read Transcript
Well, the reason that implants are the best option for replacing teeth is they are more like your original teeth. When you put an implant in the bone and then you build it up and have a crown on top of it or a bridge on top of it, it's more like your original teeth with roots in the bone. Also, when you have implants in the bone, you keep the bone. If you don't have the bone going away, then you have something to work with.
Decatur dental implants:
- Keep your replacement teeth securely in place, with no embarrassing slippage
- Replace a single missing tooth, multiple teeth, or even an entire mouthful of teeth
- Require no modification of healthy teeth
- Give you a strong bite so you can eat any foods you’d like
- Stimulate your jawbone to help prevent bone deterioration
Call 256-274-8680 today to see if implants can restore your smile. We’re located at 2012 Danville Park Drive SW in Decatur.
Restore Your Teeth With Three Implant Options
Using some of the latest dental technology like digital X-rays, Dr. Charles Betts can help determine if teeth implants are right for you. If they are, he’ll refer you to an oral surgeon who will embed the implants in your jaw, coordinating your entire treatment with the specialist.
After a brief healing process in which the implants will fuse with your bone and become one, Dr. Betts will restore the implants with a tooth replacement of your choice. In addition to their natural feel and function, one of the biggest benefits of dental implants is their versatility. Whether you’re missing a single tooth or an entire mouthful, implants can support your replacement teeth. You can use them with:
- A porcelain dental crown to replace a single tooth. Dr. Betts will match the color to your other teeth so it will look completely natural. You’ll have your smile back as well as virtually all your chewing power.
- A fixed dental bridge. A bridge is a good option for replacing several adjacent missing teeth. You’ll feel more confident in public knowing the gap in your smile has been filled in.
- Implant-supported dentures that securely clip to a bar on top of your implants. Like traditional dentures, they can be removed easily for cleaning. However, they’ll stay firmly in place while you’re wearing them, so you’ll never have to worry about them slipping or popping out and causing you embarrassment.
In addition to being versatile, teeth implants will also help protect the integrity of your jawbone, something that traditional bridges and dentures can’t do. Because implants serve as replacement teeth roots, they will actually stimulate your jaw to keep it healthy and strong.
A healthy jaw means less likelihood of bone deterioration that could potentially cause a sunken appearance to your face. You’ll stay younger looking longer!
Thanks to his experience with implants, Dr. Betts can help you select the restoration option that will best fit your needs and your budget. To find out if you’re a candidate for Decatur dental implants, call 256-274-8680 today.