Fix Your Smile With a Full-Mouth Reconstruction in Decatur
Extensive dental damage makes it hard to eat and speak with ease and comfort. If you have several issues that affect the way your mouth works, a full-mouth reconstruction from Dr. Charles Betts in Decatur, AL may be just what you need.Doctor Charles Betts on full mouth reconstructions Read Transcript
Well, if a person came to our office with basically a full mouth of broken-down dentition, some kind of full-mouth reconstruction would benefit them healthwise. Most likely they have disease going on, so that would eliminate disease in the mouth. It would restore their chewing function so that they can adequately nourish themselves, and it would again give them a smile, which makes them more presentable to other people.
A full-mouth reconstruction will allow you to:
- Smile confidently again
- Keep your jaw strong
- Enjoy a healthier, more youthful appearance
- Enjoy food again
- Speak clearly
Dr. Betts can repair your damaged teeth and replace missing teeth with a full dental restoration. Because he’s performed countless mouth makeovers in his 25-plus years as a dentist, he’ll be able to advise you on which treatments will work best for you.
To schedule a consultation with Dr. Betts, call 256-274-8680.
Choose From Our Many Options for Fixing Your Smile
Your oral health, your smile expectations, and your budget will influence which procedures you choose. They may include:Full-Mouth Reconstruction by Dr. Charles F. Betts Read Transcript
Full-mouth reconstruction is necessary when a patient has severely broken down dentition. It can mean a lot of things. A reconstruction could be extensive crown and bridge treatment. It could entail a combination of implants and traditional crowns and bridges, or removable parts or dentures, or complete dentures. All of these ways are ways that we can reconstruct a healthy smile.
- Dental implants. Dental implants are used with restorations like dental crowns, bridges, and partial or full dentures to restore full oral function. Dr. Betts determines if you’re a good candidate for implants, then works with a local oral surgeon who places the implants. After they heal, he attaches a restoration to them.
- Dentures. Our lifelike partial or full dentures replace missing teeth. When attached to dental implants, they’ll function and feel like your natural smile. You won’t need adhesives to keep them secure.
- Dental bridges. A dental bridge fills gaps left by a missing tooth or teeth. Dr. Betts can attach a bridge to a dental implant for increased stability.
- Dental crowns. A porcelain dental crown can fix dental problems like breaks or cracks. Or, when attached to a dental implant, it can replace a missing tooth.
If you need a tooth removed as part of your mouth makeover, Dr. Betts can gently extract it. And if you’re nervous about any procedure, you can get inhaled sedation.