Look Your Best With Cosmetic Dentistry in Decatur
A smile can brighten a day, start a conversation, establish a friendship, and do so much more. If you’re unhappy with the appearance of your smile, don’t miss out on the meaningful moments by smiling less often. Share your smile by having Decatur, AL dentist Dr. Charles Betts correct your flaws with cosmetic dentistry. Our services can:Doctor Charles Betts on an overview of cosmetic dentistry Read Transcript
Well, in the area of cosmetic dentistry, we have various services available. The most conservative and, course, noninvasive thing is whitening, teeth whitening. From there we can have some recontouring of teeth, bonding to take care of abnormalities in teeth or defects in teeth. We can do veneers to cover up things if necessary. We can do all-ceramic crowns, which are tooth-colored and very aesthetic. People don't think of this sometimes as aesthetic, but replacing missing teeth supports the face and therefore supports your smile.
- Give your social life a boost
- Hide imperfections like chips, stains, or gaps
- Whiten your teeth
- Give your teeth a more pleasing shape
- Provide natural-looking replacement teeth
- Help preserve your teeth and protect them against damage
If you’re ready to find out what cosmetic dentistry can do for you, call 256-274-8680.
Conceal Flaws With Dental Veneers, Tooth Bonding, or Dental Crowns
No matter which kinds of flaws you want to conceal, Dr. Betts has a cosmetic dental treatment that will do the trick. He’ll help determine which of the following will work best for your situation. In most cases, the size of the flaw is a deciding factor. While tooth bonding can cover a minor chip, a dental veneer or dental crown is usually a better choice for a larger one.
Among your choices:
- If your smile is affected by a cavity, a tooth filling will cover the decay. Dr. Betts can use tooth-colored resin that will blend in seamlessly with your smile.
- Tooth bonding can hide small imperfections like chips, uneven edges, and stains. Dr. Betts can complete the affordable treatment in a single visit.
- Custom-made dental veneers cover the entire front surface of your teeth. They can conceal larger chips, small gaps, and more. They’re a good choice for hiding multiple flaws with a single treatment. We use porcelain and zirconia, materials known for their natural appearance and durability.
- A porcelain dental crown covers your entire tooth, so it works well for more serious problems like cracks, breaks, severe decay, heavy stains, or a misshapen tooth.
- If your gums are receding, gum recession treatment can restore their healthy appearance.
Replace Missing Teeth With Dental Bridges or Dental ImplantsCosmetic Dentistry by Dr. Charles F. Betts Read Transcript
Well, the ideal candidate for cosmetic dentistry is anyone who wants to improve their smile. That can encompass a lot of different things. For one person, that might mean bleaching their teeth, tooth whitening, just brightening things up. For another person, it might mean veneers to reshape and recolor their smile. For another person, it might be replacing teeth so that they have a full smile again. For another person, that might be getting rid of decay and rebuilding teeth so that they've got a pretty smile. All of these measures are ways to get people a healthy smile that they can be proud of.
If you have unattractive gaps in your smile from missing teeth, Dr. Betts can replace them with a natural-looking dental bridge. A bridge will work for a single tooth or multiple teeth. Your bridge can be attached to either two existing teeth or to dental implants. Dr. Betts can restore implants with:
- A dental crown to replace a single missing tooth
- A dental bridge to replace multiple teeth
- Dentures to replace an entire mouthful of missing teeth
Whiten Your Teeth and Keep Them Bright
For a whiter smile, Dr. Betts can provide custom trays and professional-strength whitening gel to use in the convenience of your own home. Even better, you’ll receive a fresh supply of gel every time you visit us for your regular twice-a-year dental exams.